Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Recently in a car wreck  (Read 5292 times)

Deadpilot

• 4wd Pts: 18
Recently in a car wreck
« on: January 18, 2017, 10:57:06 AM »
A couple days ago me and my family were in a car wreck. We were in my silverado  (the replacement of my X). We in Fallbrook at Mission and stage coach the one close to the 15 headed into town. A guy in a nissan titan coming down stage coach ran the light and hit the driver rear axle and spun us 2 or 3 times. We all walked away with minor injuries we got transported to hospital to get checked out. Truck maybe repairable waiting for official word still. The other guy some how was able to change his tire and drove off after all was done. Not sure how his was able to drive with the damage I saw of his.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
Re: Recently in a car wreck
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2017, 11:12:27 AM »
Damn! Glad you guys were uninjured. Very unfortunate that the other driver ran the light... I wouldn't be surprised if he was texting or browsing Facebook or something (that's the primary cause of these types of accidents now). Did he say what happened? Hope he has good insurance, too. Either way, glad you guys are alright and fingers crossed that the truck can be fixed.

RikRong

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 70
    • 2015 Pro4X Xterra
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2017, 01:06:23 PM »
Glad you and the family are okay.  In the other post, did you say he replaced his tire and drove off?  Was it a hit and run, or did he do that after exchanging info, etc.?
R. Long
2015 Metallic Blue P4X-->Clicky

Deadpilot

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 02:27:11 PM »
From what my wife heard from the officer the guy said he's front tires were pass the crosswalk when the light turned yellow. A little odd I think that he said much detail. The guy was there the whole time and the officer got all his info. I never talked to guy I was being looked at by fire and paramedics. I left in a neck braces in ambulance to pendleton hospital.

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2017, 02:56:44 PM »
pretty hard to believe that he was in the intersection before the red, yet he hit you in the rear axle...  unless of course you are practicing your drag race tree starts around town with the fam in the truck :D

Hope all is well with the family and don't be too rushed to settle with the insurance, some injuries seem minor until they never go away.
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

Deadpilot

« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2017, 03:08:58 PM »
It's probably gonna be a long battle since there was no witnesses. It's his word vs ours and with what he said and what I said no one way at fault. Stupidest thing I ever heard

Toro

• 4wd Pts: 126
  • yep, Dos XX and Chipotle
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2017, 04:31:57 AM »
If you were going just a little bit slower, he would have clipped the cab and this would have gone a totally different way. Glad you guys are okay.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Deadpilot

« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2017, 03:04:25 PM »
Very true.  As odd as it sounds we are lucky that we got hit where we did.

Deadpilot

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2017, 03:30:30 PM »
So just got word back from Chevy that the truck is repairable. So this week they will take it apart this week and go from there. Leaf springs and axle took the the impact and are getting replaced with new ones. Then it's just cosmetic parts.

Deadpilot

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2017, 02:34:18 PM »
So I finally got my truck back the other day. Took about 7 weeks but she's good a new.

beedee

« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2017, 03:37:46 PM »
Glad its back!

BTW, i noticed you covered your plates in the new pix, but in your OP the plate isn't covered.

Deadpilot

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2017, 07:53:00 AM »
Thanks. Yea I had them covered in this one cause of what I took it for. On here it doesn't matter to me if they show or not.