Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Sheep Canyon Gate Closure  (Read 4759 times)

SCUBA_Dale

• 4wd Pts: 39
    • 2015 Xterra Pro-4x
Sheep Canyon Gate Closure
« on: October 22, 2017, 11:30:57 AM »
Word of warning...if you plan on making a trip up to Sheep Canyon via Coyote Canyon... don't.  The seasonal gate is still closed due to flood damage to the trail.   Found out the hard way.

EJsarus

• 4wd Pts: 52
    • 5th gen T4R
Re: Sheep Canyon Gate Closure
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2017, 11:32:32 AM »
bummer.

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2017, 11:39:55 AM »
Word of warning...if you plan on making a trip up to Sheep Canyon via Coyote Canyon... don't.  The seasonal gate is still closed due to flood damage to the trail.   Found out the hard way.

Flood damage, bah............ We don't drive priuses for a reason. Flood damage just makes it more interesting.
Isaiah 6:8

SCUBA_Dale

• 2015 Xterra Pro-4x
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2017, 04:36:42 PM »
  Flood damage, bah............ We don't drive priuses for a reason. Flood damage just makes it more interesting.

Totally agree...and if I could have driven around the gate, I would have.  A group of campers from Orange County set up shop right at the gate since they had nowhere else to go, and they said a ranger stopped by earlier and told them of a bypass to the gate, but wouldn't tell them where it was.  I looked everywhere, and even drove halfway back to Borrego Springs to get cell coverage to research it.  No luck.

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -666
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2017, 07:06:49 PM »
I believe it's closed till November , because of the Long Horned Sheep HUMPING
BAAAAAAAAAA
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

SCUBA_Dale

• 2015 Xterra Pro-4x
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2017, 07:33:58 PM »
I believe it's closed till November , because of the Long Horned Sheep HUMPING
BAAAAAAAAAA

As funny as that is...usually it opens Oct. 1st.  There's a sign on the gate that says closed until further notice.

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2017, 11:04:39 PM »
As funny as that is...usually it opens Oct. 1st.  There's a sign on the gate that says closed until further notice.

They probably are going to go in with a bulldozer and grade the road. This absolutely drives me bats in the belfry crazy because they are always closing areas due to human impact but yet they make it accessible to the masses. Maybe they are just crazy like a fox though............
Isaiah 6:8