Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: SCCX Homepage - What does it mean???  (Read 11723 times)

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
SCCX Homepage - What does it mean???
« on: March 01, 2010, 02:15:14 PM »
Okay a few questions about the site.

Who started SCCX and runs this board?

What does this mean?:

This a thematic crusher website of Shibang Machinery Company. We offer all kinds of mining crushers, such as jaw crusher[1], European jaw crusher, cone crusher, impact crusher[2], sand making machine, vibrating feeder, mobile crusher, etc. Anybody here can find a right crusher fit for you. We offer the most detail information. Shibang Machinery Company is a professional mining machine manufacturer. We founded in late 20 century and now grow into a professional mining supplier.

SBM is a professional mining machine supplier. We export crusher, jaw crusher, impact crusher, cone crusher, sand making machine, ball mill, vertical mill, raymond mill, etc. This passage just describes the vertical mill of our company, including information such as vertical mill overview, vertical mill working principle, vertical mill features and vertical mill specifications. If you are interested in our vertical mill, just call or email us! [3]

Is this a joke, or would the Club be better served with a more informational approach to the homepage?

Just curious as to who can provide some insight and shed some light on the unanswered mysteries of SCCX and its history.

Thanks,

John
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

FrankB

Re: SCCX Homepage - What does it mean???
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2010, 05:22:06 PM »
Where did you find that text?   I've never seen it anywhere on this site.

Goldfish

• 4wd Pts: 16
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2010, 06:30:14 PM »
I'm pretty sure the Shibang Machinery Co. builds the Xterra and Nissan just sells them.
Don

Kill the headlights and put it in neutral.

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2010, 06:32:51 PM »
Where did you find that text?   I've never seen it anywhere on this site.

Go to the homepage and click on http://www.sccxterra.com/wiki/index.php?title=Southern_California_Xterra_Club:Current_events

Current Events Section
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2010, 06:35:37 PM »
Click on the Resources portion and this is what is displayed:

Here you will find some of the most valuable resources for your Xterra's maintenance, appearance and growth. There is also links to great vendors, clubs and sites that you should enjoy. Maps, diagrams and other miscellaneous information can be found in the files section and instructions and photos of how to install and perform certain modifications and maintenance can be found in the how to section. If you have something to be added to this section let us know, we'll add it as soon as we can.
KD6DCI

Paul

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 30
  • Summer, Paul, and Noon
    • 2006 Xterra Off Road
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2010, 09:58:28 PM »
I think it means the server got hacked and someone stuffed some stuff in there to get Google Juice from our hits on that page.

Admin, clean up on lane one please!
Sept 24, 2006 ... Off Work = Off Road
2005 350Z 35th Anniversary
2006 Xterra Off Road
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

Aperion

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: 12
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2010, 10:28:33 PM »
That's spam, not sure how it got there. Anyone can edit the post but you must have more than 50 posts on the forum, and be logged in so maybe something did happen.

Thanks guys cleaning up right now!

Edit: well god-damn those spammers!! I accidentally made a serious mistake, I was supposed to restrict registration so that new accounts could not be created through the wiki. But I missed that part and new accounts could be created, and spammers have been taking advantage of it for quite a while. I will see what I can do to clean it up but there are probably thousands of spam pages present....

have a look to see how active I have been on this: http://www.sccxterra.com/wiki/index.php?title=Special:RecentChanges&limit=500&hideminor=0

Too much to handle, fortunately there wasn't a whole lot there to begin with, but there are over 1300 spam users, and over 6500 spam pages. I must thank GhostX for taking interest in the webpage and bringing this to my attention. and BTW fortunately mediawiki automatically adds code to prevent google from indexing user contributed data.

And reinstalling the homepage will __not__ effect the forums. but I will take the time to back up everything.

in the mean tiem think of some better content for the home page!
« Last Edit: March 01, 2010, 11:46:48 PM by Aperion »

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2010, 05:53:50 AM »
Thanks Chris. 

Where can I find information on Wiki editing?  ??? Barnes & Noble? 

I have tried to edit the Homepage, but it requires a log in, and when I use my username and password it denies access, stating that I haven't logged in.  ???

I really enjoy this site, and think with just a little TLC and maintenance could be a fine meeting point for Southern California Xterra enthusiasts.
KD6DCI

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2010, 05:54:32 AM »
Admin, clean up on lane one please!

:D
KD6DCI

SuperSlideStyle

• 4wd Pts: 19994
  • Are we ready? Not really but here we go!
    • 2013 Nissan Xterra PRO-4X
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2010, 09:27:50 PM »
Wow, I had now idea this was going on behind the scenes!  I'm glad you guys are on top of it.
2013 Xterra Pro4X 6 spd
2022 Acura MDX SH-AWD

AV Xterra

• 4wd Pts: 7
« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2010, 07:46:15 PM »
Thanks Chris, you're awesome.
I eat other peoples food.  It's a sickness.

Aperion

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: 12
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2010, 04:43:42 PM »
Thanks Chris.  

Where can I find information on Wiki editing?  ??? Barnes & Noble?  

I have tried to edit the Homepage, but it requires a log in, and when I use my username and password it denies access, stating that I haven't logged in.  ???

I really enjoy this site, and think with just a little TLC and maintenance could be a fine meeting point for Southern California Xterra enthusiasts.
arg Sorry, I haven't been able to do much with cleaning up besides the initial cleanup I did. Let me look into you're access right, it should be automatically granted after 50 posts.

As for wiki editing information have a look at these resources:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:How_to_edit_a_page
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia:Cheatsheet
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Help:Wiki_markup

Edit: GhostX, I found the problem, I added you to the group. I thought users would get added to the group at 50 posts and stay there, but when they got to 100 posts they left the group, so I still have to manually add users. Any one please post up or IM me if you'd like write access to the home page.

Members that can edit the wiki should say wiki under their username.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2010, 04:52:39 PM by Aperion »