Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: GoneMOAB 2016  (Read 5085 times)

SoCalXTerry

• 4wd Pts: 54
GoneMOAB 2016
« on: December 05, 2015, 08:47:08 AM »
goneMOAB is the premier Nissan off-road and outdoor experience event, which takes place every year in Moab, UT.   Proudly this will be our 15th year for this event!!!! goneMOAB began in 2001 as a way for Nissan truck and SUV owners to experience some of the best 4wheeling in the world. In addition to great trail rides, you will have the opportunity to experience everything that the amazing Red Rock area of Moab has to offer plus the comradery of fellow 4 wheelers.

WHEN: May 22th-27nd, 2016    WHERE: Moab, Utah

All 4-wheel drive trucks and SUV's are welcome to the event. While certain trail rides carry a minimum equipment requirement, there is something for everyone. There is a minimal charge for the event, but attendees are responsible for all of their travel, food, lodging etc.

For more information and to register: www.gonemoab.com
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 08:51:46 AM by SoCalXTerry »
Terry

Greasy side down - K6XTL

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
Re: GoneMOAB 2016
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2015, 11:31:37 AM »
Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this year. 2017 is probably the next one I can get to. Anyone who has not gone to this should think about going. Even if you are bare bones stock, there is some really fun wheeling and you can challenge yourself and come out a much better driver. It's a great opportunity to meet new friends and solidify old ones.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2015, 11:33:52 AM by Celt »
Isaiah 6:8

NickX

• 4wd Pts: 1
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2015, 08:58:37 PM »
Is there usually a convoy out of SoCal?  Looks like a looong drive from LA...planning on buying my ticket this week to take advantage of early bird, just need to do some research on trails since it'll be my first time up there (probably red since I'm running 33's, sliders, full skids & rear locker plus hoping to do a 2" lift before then). 

Celt

« Reply #3 on: December 29, 2015, 01:14:04 AM »
Is there usually a convoy out of SoCal?  Looks like a looong drive from LA...planning on buying my ticket this week to take advantage of early bird, just need to do some research on trails since it'll be my first time up there (probably red since I'm running 33's, sliders, full skids & rear locker plus hoping to do a 2" lift before then). 

With the way your X is equipped you will be fine on things like Metal Masher, Steel Bender, Hell's Revenge, Fins and Things etc. You are going to have a blast, I wish I could go again this year but I just have too much going on and need to divert the cash slush fund elsewhere.

NickX

• 4wd Pts: 1
« Reply #4 on: December 29, 2015, 05:00:52 PM »
With the way your X is equipped you will be fine on things like Metal Masher, Steel Bender, Hell's Revenge, Fins and Things etc. You are going to have a blast, I wish I could go again this year but I just have too much going on and need to divert the cash slush fund elsewhere.

Thanks for the tips...signed up today.  My picks were as follows:

Mon:  Top of the World
Tues:  Metal Masher
Tues Night:  Fins N Things
Weds:  Flat Iron Mesa
Thurs:  Poison Spider Mesa
Fri:  Steel Bender

CarJEEP

• 4wd Pts: 4
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2016, 02:01:46 PM »
put me down for the so cal caravan

nworker

• 4wd Pts: 3
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2016, 10:22:48 AM »
Yeah Baby, this sounds great. Just signed up and looking forward to getting my tires dirty.

Celt

« Reply #7 on: May 14, 2016, 06:25:11 PM »
Thanks for the tips...signed up today.  My picks were as follows:

Mon:  Top of the World
Tues:  Metal Masher
Tues Night:  Fins N Things
Weds:  Flat Iron Mesa
Thurs:  Poison Spider Mesa
Fri:  Steel Bender

The only thing I would suggest is either having a spare half shaft and seal(s) on hand or at the very least call the Moab NAPA and ask them to order one for you in case you snap one (There is a personal experience story behind this). Get real easy on the skinny pedal climbing and you should be just fine.