Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Anza Borrego - Coyote Creek, 3rd Crossing  (Read 8648 times)

Guy

• 4wd Pts: 1
Anza Borrego - Coyote Creek, 3rd Crossing
« on: December 11, 2010, 06:34:49 AM »
Getting to the trailhead to go backpacking can sometimes have it's own challenges.  I am working on freeing up a weekend to do this run with the club.  Stay tuned. [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]
« Last Edit: December 11, 2010, 06:41:49 AM by Guy »
I ain't as good as I once was... but I'm as good once as I ever was!

Goldfish

• 4wd Pts: 16
Re: Anza Borrego - Coyote Creek, 3rd Crossing
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2010, 10:36:35 AM »
Hello Guy. How have you been ? I still tell people about that apple dessert you made in Big Bear.
Don

Kill the headlights and put it in neutral.

Ruination Fan

• 4wd Pts: 12
    • 2004 Nissan Xterra
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2010, 11:17:42 AM »
I think I saw your X when I went through that area with some friends with a two Jeeps, Isuzu, and FJ cruiser. I saw it parked on the way up to Coyote creek before the water crossings on the weekend of 12/04. What roof rack are you running? Nice X by the way, was hoping to see ya near by on the way back down to be able to chat with ya.

FrankB

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2010, 06:31:07 PM »
Hey Guy, it's been a while. I see your truck a few times a week it seems, usually as I'm driving home in the evenings through Rancho Penasquitos.  I would hit the horn or lights, but I'm generally in that nondescript white Maxima, so you wouldn't know who it was anyway.  Hope all is well.

Guy

• 4wd Pts: 1
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2010, 05:31:53 AM »
Hey gang, I really do miss hanging out with you guys. My New Year's resolution is to free up some time to do a couple of runs. Scouts is starting to wind down so maybe, just maybe it's time for a little "ME" time.   8)

Ruination Fan that was me.  We usually park just before the 3rd crossing and then backpack in to Cougar Canyon. The roof rack is by Red Rhino. It bolted right onto the original attachment points. Getting ready to add a plate so I can mount my water and gas cans up there.

CU guys soon.
I ain't as good as I once was... but I'm as good once as I ever was!

Soylent Yellow

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 5254
« Reply #5 on: December 12, 2010, 12:13:11 PM »
Guy, thanks for representing The Yellow. I love the rack and now I have one more thing on my mod list.
I'd rather be happy than right any day.