Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Anyone planning any runs during the holidays?  (Read 35612 times)

RockinX

• 4wd Pts: 33
Re: Anyone planning any runs during the holidays?
« Reply #60 on: December 26, 2012, 04:01:31 PM »
We can always meet you OC guys at Hell's Kitchen.  It'll save you a lot of time, and you'll still get 70% of the trail.  The SD guys can come through Fallbrook.  M2Cs

This sounded like a pretty good plan for a meet place.

xxSVxx

• 4wd Pts: 10093
  • Something inspiring, witty and funny goes here
    • 2010 BAMF version
« Reply #61 on: December 26, 2012, 04:06:13 PM »
This sounded like a pretty good plan for a meet place.

Agreed.  Hells Kitchen 45min away; Fallbrook is....isn't Fallbrook in Arizona?  Nevada?

HEVAK

• 4wd Pts: 32
« Reply #62 on: December 26, 2012, 04:43:26 PM »
I'd like to hit the OHV park, on the way from Fallbrook, before we hit Ortega Hwy. Whoever wants to caravan down to Fallbrook, let me know. We'll figure out a meeting spot.

I'm in for fallbrook to santiago if work permits. Met havek while out to lunch today and he told me about this post! Cant wait to meet more of yall and get a good dirtwash on my rig. any more details and meetup location and time would be great!

Great to meet you today Schmutz! I'm looking forward to seeing that rig in action.
I love it when a plan comes together

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #63 on: December 27, 2012, 11:10:43 AM »
Plan B Alert:
I checked with the local Forest Dept.  Everything north of Ortega Hwy is locked now because of recent rains.  Sounds like only a 20% chance of opening before Sat.  I will call Friday to confirm.
I'm going to check out a fire road S/W of Idyllwild.  It  starts on Hwy 371 and Bautista ,over Rouse T/T to the 74, then Bee Cyn. to San Jacinto T/T to Idyllwild.
But, I am open for anything the group decides.
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #64 on: December 27, 2012, 11:13:44 AM »
Good call randy
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

xxSVxx

• 4wd Pts: 10093
  • Something inspiring, witty and funny goes here
    • 2010 BAMF version
« Reply #65 on: December 27, 2012, 11:22:47 AM »
Yeah, I still haven't received the perch that I need to fix my Bilsteins, so until I get that I'm reduced to crawlin to the mall and back :(

RockinX

• 4wd Pts: 33
« Reply #66 on: December 27, 2012, 12:00:13 PM »
Ah heck, I prepared a post for the upcoming trip that most likely will be rerouted because of the closure of the area around Ortega Cyn., but thought I would post it anyways so that my efforts would not go to waste.  Please delete, move or otherwise put this in a more appropriate thread ....except Max Power's Place of course.   ;D

I'd like to hit the OHV park, on the way from Fallbrook, before we hit Ortega Hwy. Whoever wants to caravan down to Fallbrook, let me know. We'll figure out a meeting spot.

Wildomar OHV park?  There are a lot of trails there with Bloody Jersey Trail being the most difficult.  Somehow I once ended up doing that trail with four other people in my truck, including kids, at the suggestion of the Wildomar volunteer coordinator CJ Stewart (in yellow).  It wasn't too bad because the trail was so narrow that I couldn't see the sheer dropoffs on the sides and I was too new to offroading to know to be concerned. :D  Once you get to the other side, there is a really cool place with a stream and a tire hung from a tree to swing on.

If you do get to play around at Wildomar and get turned around on the trails, just head up to a high point and look down to find the campground and navigate from there.  Here is looking back up on the climb we had just done and a sample of one of the easier trails.

They have an interesting video on youtube of a jeep roll over on Bloody Jersey Trail and here is a link to SCCX
« Last Edit: December 27, 2012, 12:03:15 PM by RockinX »

Deadpilot

• 4wd Pts: 18
« Reply #67 on: December 27, 2012, 04:12:09 PM »
I'm open to whatever I'm not picky lol. So which ever place is gonna we are gonna be able to play in with all this rain. The Wildomar OHV park idea doesn't sound all that bad and looks like it could be fun.

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #68 on: December 27, 2012, 05:21:02 PM »
Bee Canyon west of Idyllwild is a cool day trip trail, and is definitely 2WD friendly.
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

sudingusnavy

• 4wd Pts: 1
« Reply #69 on: December 27, 2012, 06:49:31 PM »
Short notce but im doing smugglers cave tomorrow an hour east of SD. Call me 6197977016 if your free for a quick day trip tomorrow!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
With determination and a positive attitude any obstacle can be over come.
2011 PRO4X : 3in. lift PRG UCA, Radflo 2.0 CO w/650 springs, Deaver AAL, PGR shackles, Bilstein 5125 rear shocks, hefty fabworks winch bumper and skids, shrockwork sliders, ruged ridge diff. skid, Q9000lb..

HEVAK

• 4wd Pts: 32
« Reply #70 on: December 27, 2012, 08:53:26 PM »
Looks like rain for Saturday
I love it when a plan comes together

Deadpilot

« Reply #71 on: December 28, 2012, 10:54:57 AM »
So does rain mean no go for these areas? Sorry for the question but I'm not use to the way it works out here since AZ doesn't have rain very often and it just makes it for alittle more fun.

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #72 on: December 28, 2012, 11:54:33 AM »
Plan B Alert:
I checked with the local Forest Dept.  Everything north of Ortega Hwy is locked now because of recent rains.  Sounds like only a 20% chance of opening before Sat.  I will call Friday to confirm.
I'm going to check out a fire road S/W of Idyllwild.  It  starts on Hwy 371 and Bautista ,over Rouse T/T to the 74, then Bee Cyn. to San Jacinto T/T to Idyllwild.
But, I am open for anything the group decides.
[/color]

Update: We pre-ran the San Jacinto trail in 2WD.  Looks great!  Desert to pines to packed snow (no chains required).  By the looks of the trail tracks it looks like they don't close for rain.
If you're up for it, we can meet in Temecula at the Shell station and Del Taco on the S/E corner of 79 and Margarita at 9:am
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

Deadpilot

« Reply #73 on: December 28, 2012, 12:12:03 PM »
Sounds good to me. I'm up for it. So I'll be there at 9.

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #74 on: December 28, 2012, 02:30:31 PM »
So it looks like meet spot is set in Temecula, Shell gas station off of Hwy 15/Hwy 79 exit.

Then run out the 79 to the Aguanga turn off, to Hwy 371.

Hwy 371 to Bautista road, to the Rouse Hill Truck Trail, over the hills to the 74.  Quick right/east turn up to the Bee Canyon Trail.

Bee Canyon Trail up to Idyllwild.

These are all very capable 2WD/4WD trails from what I have read on the net.  Even a few geocaches out there, so load those caches and happy hunting!!!
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.