Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: March 20th - Adopt A Trail Meeting - Corona Sizzler Location - 6pm  (Read 13988 times)

SoCalXTerry

• 4wd Pts: 54
Re: March 20th - Adopt A Trail Meeting - Corona Sizzler Location - 6pm
« Reply #15 on: March 18, 2013, 05:29:16 PM »
So who is going to make the food part of this?
Terry

Greasy side down - K6XTL

shi819

• 4wd Pts: 17
« Reply #16 on: March 18, 2013, 06:00:31 PM »
Taylor and I should be there.
~Shi

RockinX

• 4wd Pts: 33
« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2013, 07:31:13 AM »
I should be there also.

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2013, 12:20:12 PM »
So who is going to make the food part of this?

Traffic permitting from San Diego I will be there.  For sure by 7pm.
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

Loki

• 4wd Pts: 3
« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2013, 04:01:10 PM »
Gremlin will be working late but I will still be able to make it.

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2013, 04:58:11 PM »
 [ You are not allowed to view attachments ]

Attached is the 2013 2N02 Adopt A Trail Maintenance Plan that I wrote during my ride with Ranger Greg Hoffman.

Please feel free to use this as a reference when you are headed up and preparing to conduct maintenance on the trail.

Also, please send me a PM through this site so I can log your hours.  Pictures are appreciated!

Thanks,

John/GhostX
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

shi819

• 4wd Pts: 17
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2013, 07:29:25 PM »
I had to bail last minute. Tay had a metric ton of homework to do tonight and was still only halfway through at 5pm. I hope its going well. :)
~Shi

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2013, 08:08:20 PM »
If you missed the meeting...

...you missed some cool AAT swag!!

Sent from Planet Claire using Tapatalk
KD6DCI

RockinX

• 4wd Pts: 33
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2013, 12:56:37 AM »
That was such a fun meeting!  It started out with everyone standing to say the pledge of allegiance.  Ranger Greg then began roll call and when he called out SCCX, there was a booming

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2013, 08:30:16 AM »
Great report Marshann, thank you.  A very accurate "picture" if you will of what transpired last night.

A group of over 100 people congregated at the Sizzler restaurant in Corona to discuss all that is meaningful (and also voice some opinions) to the SBNF and the Adopt A Trail program.

I would like to personally thank the four SCCX members who took the time out of their busy schedules to attend and show support for both the AAT Program and SCCX's participation:

James/Loki
Luana/roadinspectress
Marshann/RockinX
Terry/SoCalX

The great part is that the hours to commute and participate for this meeting go towards the clubs hours, 27 hours last night!!  Thanks group!!!

We met several representatives of other clubs, most specifically the FJ Cruisers Club/Como Chingas Wheelers, and also local representatives of the Cal 4WD Clubs Association.

The next important meeting date will be the next AAT Quarterly meeting, held June 19th, 2013.

We all discussed the next probable date for an SCCX run up to Big Bear to work on 2N02.  Looking at probably June or July of 2013.

As Marshann mentioned, we also should look at a collective date to take Greg up on one of our perks...a free group camping weekend at one of the exclusive group sites in SBNF.  This is a $300 to $400 value, and the campsites are very secluded and provide excellent camping opportunities.  Maybe in September????

Overall an excellent evening.  Thank you again to the four members who drove out and met.  Participation is what makes SCCX a great club, and the AAT successful!!
KD6DCI

roadinspectress

• 4wd Pts: 7
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2013, 09:45:50 AM »
This was a great meeting, and observing some of the other clubs in attendance.  Wow.  I was sitting next to Danny from Big Bear in the Bronco club who is the reigning BBQ Champion and James in the FJ club who drove up from San Diego.  I also observed the passion these clubs have in maintaining the trails as well as participating in the various activities the Forest Services puts on.   James/Loki and I were talking about getting together to go up on the trail to do some maintainence soon.   :)

Looking forward to the next meeting, and when our group gets together on the trail, expecially camping!
Luana
God created asphalt so yuppies could go 4 wheeling

SoCalXTerry

• 4wd Pts: 54
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2013, 11:15:01 AM »
 James/Loki and I were talking about getting together to go up on the trail to do some maintainence soon.   :)

Funny you should mention that.   I was actually thinking of driving up this weekend and drive 2N02 from an exploratory standpoint.  I will tend to some easy stuff and plan to work out the maze of roads that intersect with 2N02 in the area namely 2N90, 2N70Y(See what we can do to get the Olds out), 2N61Y, 2N61YA (Pontiac Sluice) and then exiting 2N01 to highway.   There alleges to be several group campgrounds in that area that I would like to scope out for future reference.  

I'm thinking Saturday to do this.  So if any interest we can solidify plans once I have an idea of the number of people wanting to attend.

A note: This will have a combination of trails   Easy (2N02)  Intermediate (2N90)  and FUN!!!!  (2N70Y and 2N61YA).   But the fun part is that all Intermediate and FUN!!  trails are optional and can be bypassed.  
Included a link to the area map: http://sbnf-adopt-a-trail.com/files/Big_Bear_Area_4x4_Trail_Map_PDF.pdf
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 11:19:10 AM by SoCalXTerry »
Terry

Greasy side down - K6XTL

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2013, 01:45:07 PM »
This sounds great! 

Post a run/trail report and shoot me your individual hours so I can forward to Greg and Angie!

Thanks guys and gals!

Sent from Planet Claire using Tapatalk
KD6DCI

scottmen

• 4wd Pts: 12
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2013, 02:20:34 PM »
Nice sticker!!

Pro4X-Gremlin

• 4wd Pts: 11
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2013, 08:20:20 PM »
Great write up, Marshann!
The way you wrote it up was exactly how James described it to me. I'm sorry I couldn't make it. In the past week & 1/2 my 8-9 hour days have jumped up to 10 (more like 11) to 12 hour days. Stinks. Good news is more money for bumpers. Bad news: it's affecting my over all well being. That can be taken as ," Welll.....Being I have NO life." argh!  ;D   I will have to plan to take time off for next planned meetings so I can go.

Terry, we wont be able to make this weekend. We have car maint and smog & registration to work on this weekend.