Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: TRUCK HAVEN - April 6, 2013 **IT'S BAAAACK**  (Read 47922 times)

Toro

• 4wd Pts: 126
  • yep, Dos XX and Chipotle
Re: TRUCK HAVEN - April 6, 2013 **IT'S BAAAACK**
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2013, 05:03:21 PM »
I'm in. Hopefully I'll have enough time to break in the new gears I'm putting in by then.

splain.....

dan826

• 4wd Pts: 4
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2013, 07:10:05 PM »
I went a bit nuts and got 4.57s front and rear on 33" tires. It's gonna rev a bit high on the freeway but not too bad (approx equivalent to disabling overdrive). It should improve rock crawling ability quite a bit though, not to mention feel a lot more torque throughout. I'm in the middle of installing it right now (got the rear diff out and am waiting for  Steve from rugged rocks to make me a new spacer for the e-locker (the holes didn't quite match up on the one I got initially). Will have a video of the whole process once I'm done if everything goes well.

You can follow it here:

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f23/dans-gear-install-thread-86814/
« Last Edit: February 26, 2013, 07:17:08 PM by dan826 »

RockinX

• 4wd Pts: 33
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2013, 11:31:52 PM »
Have you set a date for the prerun?  It will definitely be a bonding experience with whoever goes with you.  Well, maybe not quite the bonding experience Randy had on a recent run. 

Nobody knew anybody when we met, and now we are the godfathers of each others children and first born.

:D

HEVAK

• 4wd Pts: 32
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2013, 06:04:12 AM »
No, no Pre Run planned. Just saddle up and ride  :o
I love it when a plan comes together

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2013, 08:07:03 AM »
I will probably do a prerun sometime to get an update on conditions out there. Rain always changes the desert terrain.
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

HEVAK

• 4wd Pts: 32
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2013, 08:13:56 AM »
Sweet!! Let me know when, I will try to join you.
I love it when a plan comes together

cdagne

• 4wd Pts: 3
« Reply #21 on: February 28, 2013, 04:02:56 PM »
I am down for a pre-run, would like to see what I am getting my wife into before we go!

Toro

• 4wd Pts: 126
  • yep, Dos XX and Chipotle
« Reply #22 on: February 28, 2013, 04:20:48 PM »
I went a bit nuts and got 4.57s front and rear on 33" tires. It's gonna rev a bit high on the freeway but not too bad (approx equivalent to disabling overdrive). It should improve rock crawling ability quite a bit though, not to mention feel a lot more torque throughout. I'm in the middle of installing it right now (got the rear diff out and am waiting for  Steve from rugged rocks to make me a new spacer for the e-locker (the holes didn't quite match up on the one I got initially). Will have a video of the whole process once I'm done if everything goes well.

You can follow it here:

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f23/dans-gear-install-thread-86814/

If you need help, the guys at TriCounty Gear are diff-a-magicians. They built me a pretty crazy little spacer for my M226.

SoCalXTerry

• 4wd Pts: 54
« Reply #23 on: February 28, 2013, 05:56:36 PM »
Talking of pre-run.    If anybody is interested, I am thinking about making a run to TDS this Saturday morning.   I'm going to meet up with some wheelers that I know.   Check TDS out in general and then maybe do some wheeling in the Truck Haven area.

So anybody interested, give me a shout.
Terry

Greasy side down - K6XTL

dan826

• 4wd Pts: 4
« Reply #24 on: March 01, 2013, 09:20:33 PM »
Talking of pre-run.    If anybody is interested, I am thinking about making a run to TDS this Saturday morning.   I'm going to meet up with some wheelers that I know.   Check TDS out in general and then maybe do some wheeling in the Truck Haven area.

Hmmm... I don't know... can you assure people they won't get stuck making a run to the nearest Niissan dealer for some more r180 shafts?
« Last Edit: March 02, 2013, 08:54:16 AM by dan826 »

SoCalXTerry

« Reply #25 on: March 02, 2013, 04:48:38 AM »
Hmmm... I don't know... can you assure people they won't get stuck making a run to the nearest Niissan dealer to get some for some more r180 shafts?

Well I guess I can't do that.  Oh well see ya down the road
Terry

Greasy side down - K6XTL

MaxPower

• 4wd Pts: 18
« Reply #26 on: March 02, 2013, 07:25:05 PM »
Talking of pre-run.    If anybody is interested, I am thinking about making a run to TDS this Saturday morning.   I'm going to meet up with some wheelers that I know.   Check TDS out in general and then maybe do some wheeling in the Truck Haven area.

I was just looking at and trying to share a FB friends photos from TDS.  Holy cow there were some built rigs out there!!!!!!
This isn't Santa's Workshop.  This place smells like mushrooms and everyone looks like they want to hurt me.

SoCalXTerry

« Reply #27 on: March 02, 2013, 10:43:59 PM »
I was just looking at and trying to share a FB friends photos from TDS.  Holy cow there were some built rigs out there!!!!!!

You were there Max??    Me too.  What a blast.   Met up with this guy again that helped me at Superstition Mountain.   Seems he winters and wheels in Southern California and he drives this "Nebraska Farm Vehicle"    Yes that is what his License plate says.   But this farm vehicle is one of the most built up rock crawlers I have ever seen.  First of all he built it from the ground up.   Cat diesel powered, steering front AND rear axles, he can lengthen or shorten his wheelbase by up to 30", he can raise or lower each corner 12" in either direction, and I think his is running UM 50" tires.   And does that climb?    WOW....    My X kept saying that's what I want to be when I grow up.
Terry

Greasy side down - K6XTL

MaxPower

• 4wd Pts: 18
« Reply #28 on: March 03, 2013, 05:47:58 AM »
You were there Max??   

No I wasn't there yesterday.  I just saw some photos a friend posted.  I did see the obstacle course a while back and my X peed a little as we drove up.
This isn't Santa's Workshop.  This place smells like mushrooms and everyone looks like they want to hurt me.

Unbreakable

• 4wd Pts: 5
« Reply #29 on: March 05, 2013, 12:44:52 AM »
Wow, how have you waited this long?? I figured those things would be immediately installed. Get em on there!

Let me know if I can help

OP Updated

so somethings come up and i wont be able to make it :( ...
but if you guys are gonna be doing a pre-run that is NOT this weekend hopefully i can get there, maybe next week get the sliders put on at a shop so theyre ready to go!