Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: AAT Trip Report 04/13/13  (Read 11841 times)

SoCalXTerry

• 4wd Pts: 54
AAT Trip Report 04/13/13
« on: April 14, 2013, 08:03:52 AM »
Mr. Tyler.  I would like us to log 99 hours towards our AAT program please.

After a quite a bit of conversation,  I heard from Greg Hoffman that our AAT sign was done and ready to install.  

With short notice.  We amassed our work crew Danny and two of his sweet children, along with Chris and his charming daughter.   And set off for BB.    We had to stop at Home Depot to pick up cement.  And after a stop at the Discovery Center to meet up and do some serious Gold Panning  ;D (Sorry I don't have any pictures there, but I'm sure one of the guys do) we headed out.  

We then went to the Shed and picked up our sign.   WOW! One serious piece of metal.   Now I understand the time it took to fabricate this thing.  We strapped it on the top of Danny's X and off we went to 2N02.

We stopped at the Arrastre #1 shooting area and chatted with some guys that were shooting.   Figured we couldn't do much here so headed off to find Arrastre #2 Shooting area.

Found the Arrastre #2 Shooting area.  NOTE:  It wasn't easy.  It is not well marked (A brown post no sign).

After a little contribution of our own ;D  We started our cleanup:

After about 50# of shell casings we set out for our primary goal....    TO PLANT A SIGN

We found the area designated by Greg to place the sign (Near the southern boundary of the Nation Forest) and the work proceeded:

After pouring 90# of cement and a thorough paint job, I present to you the SCCX AAT sign:

I cannot take anything from the core of our work crew:

After a job well done, it was time to PLAY!!!!!
So we decided to "TAKE THE PONTIAC"....

After a couple real gut wrenching and learning experiences for Chris (The only open diff rig there) and Danny's superior line choices and no strapping.   We came, we saw, we conquered:

GRCSIDN  Sittin' in the shade.   Been there, done that...

Notice the kids getting in the act:   (Wheelers all of them)

Wait where's Harley Chris????

We didn't have time to do the loop above the Pontiac but agreed to save that one for another adventure.

I would like to thank Danny, Chris and their 4-wheelin' kids for a great Saturday full of accomplishment and fun.

John I would like us to log 99 hours towards our AAT program please.

Signed:   The old guy that is convinced the speed limit in Campgrounds IS 15 MPH
« Last Edit: April 15, 2013, 05:13:20 PM by SoCalXTerry »
Terry

Greasy side down - K6XTL

SD_Frontier

• 4wd Pts: 14
Re: AAT Trip Report 04/13/13
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2013, 08:34:51 AM »
Nice work crew!
2005 Super Black (and white) Crew Cab SE 4x4

Code Name: SHAMU

Build Thread

shi819

• 4wd Pts: 17
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2013, 12:29:17 PM »
You must have been out there right before us. :) Nick and I ran the trail yesterday with Taylor and my little brother. I was really surprised by the new sign and how clean the trail was. Now I know why. :P
~Shi

Toro

• 4wd Pts: 126
  • yep, Dos XX and Chipotle
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2013, 12:48:16 PM »
Great pis Terry, thanks. My Dumb@$$ forgot to grab a memory card for the camera. Oh well. My little guys had a great time too. Thanks for making this happen.
    Chris, nice meeting you and your daughter. My guys keep talking about thier new friend and how nice she is.
    I also want to give Chris some props! We took him up a section of 2n06y that was VERY Holcomb-esk. Rocks were huge and terrain was steep and uneven. It is rated as a black trail. With some carful spotting and some fancy pedal work, Chis made it through there with a heart rate of 200 and sweating buckets! Nice work bud,
   Thanks again, we had a good time.

npgtech

• 4wd Pts: 25
    • 2010 Xterra / 2015 Frontier
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2013, 01:10:31 PM »
Trail looked great!  We only saw that first shooting range, boy was that a mess!!  That is going to be a whole day event at least!  It was a fun trail ride.  Sign looks great!

SoCalXTerry

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2013, 01:14:50 PM »
You must have been out there right before us. :) Nick and I ran the trail yesterday with Taylor and my little brother. I was really surprised by the new sign and how clean the trail was. Now I know why. :P

Hey I'm sad we missed you.   I'm sure you and Nick would have liked our little side trip   ;D
Terry

Greasy side down - K6XTL

SoCalXTerry

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2013, 01:19:39 PM »
Trail looked great!  We only saw that first shooting range, boy was that a mess!!  That is going to be a whole day event at least!  It was a fun trail ride.  Sign looks great!

Do you remember what time you all hit the first Shooting area?   There were a couple of guys there shooting (Somebody even moved the fridge up the hill to use for target practice) when we went by, which would have been maybe 1000-1030.

You would have had fun on our little "side trip" we took.
Terry

Greasy side down - K6XTL

shi819

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2013, 02:05:17 PM »
Oh we didnt get there til around 1. When we got to the shooting area, the fridge was a shell of what was there before and the hill was a mess. It was clear that there were people out shooting along the trail too. Several of the signs were shot up and there were recent casings in several places along the trail. That I dont really understand considering there are two shooting areas along the trail. We would love to come next time. :)
~Shi

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2013, 08:17:23 PM »
I LOVE THIS THREAD!!

THANK YOU to all who contributed to the clean up of 2N02 this weekend...and the placing of the proper signage!!  

Looks like Matthew and Sophie get MAJOR KUDOS!!

Nick, Shiloh, Taylor, Terry, Danny & Co. and Chris and your daughter (sorry, don't know her name yet!)...thank you, thank you, thank you.

I sincerely can't thank you enough...your initiative takes some of the weight off my shoulders.

Mr. Lindgren...do those 66 hours count the double hours for the kids??  Just curious...
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 08:23:39 PM by GhostX »
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

SoCalXTerry

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2013, 04:55:54 AM »
Double hours?   Why no I'm sorry I missed that would you please factor that in Sir.    I apologize for the oversight.   These kids certainly deserve it.
Terry

Greasy side down - K6XTL

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2013, 06:44:43 AM »
Double hours?   Why no I'm sorry I missed that would you please factor that in Sir.    I apologize for the oversight.   These kids certainly deserve it.

No worries...yes, all children 18 and under receive double service hours on trail.

What were the base hours Terry?  Six for each child?  Just multiply by four and add those to the 66 you posted.

Thanks again.

Sent from Planet Claire using Tapatalk
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

SoCalXTerry

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2013, 07:32:28 AM »
No worries...yes, all children 18 and under receive double service hours on trail.

;D  That is great information which I did not know.   That makes Saturday even funner.

So here we go:

Base hours were 11 for the Crew #1.   (Based on 11 hours door to door).    Six people in that crew, with 3 youths included in that number. 
Actually, if Harley had been there the adults would have been outnumbered   :D

We should get the hours for Nick or Shi for their base number.   And they would be 4 people with 2 youths included.     Right?
Terry

Greasy side down - K6XTL

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2013, 08:19:54 AM »
So Terry...for your group 33 adult hours and 66 child hours.  Total hours:  99

For Nick and Shiloh, Dakota and Taylor, it would be 3 adults and one child.  I quoted 18 and under, but I think it is actually 17 and under.  At 18 they are considered adult hours.

Just waiting to hear back from Shiloh their total hours and will get that up and posted too.

Terry - did you want to post a run report to the Yahoo Groups AAT, or shall I?  Probably better if you do since you were there, but I can if you like.

LMK (let me know)
KD6DCI

SoCalXTerry

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2013, 10:01:52 AM »

For Nick and Shiloh, Dakota and Taylor, it would be 3 adults and one child.  I quoted 18 and under, but I think it is actually 17 and under.  At 18 they are considered adult hours.

Just waiting to hear back from Shiloh their total hours and will get that up and posted too.

Terry - did you want to post a run report to the Yahoo Groups AAT, or shall I?  Probably better if you do since you were there, but I can if you like.

LMK (let me know)

Wow again that makes it all much more much more fun.    Hey John that means this one trip puts us in some kind of bonus situation with AAT right?   That is cool?

Welp...   Danny, Chris  that means we need to put picks in your littlest ones hands next time   ;D

I will post the Trip report on AAT when I get home today after we get the hour total .   I will consult with you before submitting it.   I'm thinking a modification modification of the SCCX Trip Report.
Terry

Greasy side down - K6XTL

shi819

« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2013, 10:18:47 AM »

LMK (let me know)

Nick, Daonte, Taylor and I were out on the trail for 3 hours and driving to and back was 3 hours. Total of 30 hours if I have it right? 3 adults + 1 kid for 6 hours? I am waiting to be approved for the yahoo group and I can post our trail report there as well. Mostly we did trash pickup, but I have a few places marked on the GPS that needed work. Will get those tonight when Nick gets home... GPS is in his truck. :)
~Shi