Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Tierra Del Sol Desert Safari  (Read 10695 times)

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -666
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
Re: Tierra Del Sol Desert Safari
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2015, 08:59:40 AM »
Sounds like the Yuma Prison Run
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #16 on: March 04, 2015, 02:20:13 AM »
HMMMMM some how this seems less appealing to me , my Jeep friend has been telling me I should go, He has crunched his rig twice in 2 yrs LOL

Jay, it's definitely something that not super family friendly. A lot of it is just people doing a lot of crazy things out in the desert and up all night. I don't mind having my share of fun when I'm out wheeling but there is nothing worse than after a long day of it trying to go to sleep with a bunch of the "bros" blasting their stereos trying to out due one another with bass on the latest version of rap music that they think is cool. Along with that you have to mark your campsite really good with lighting and have your tent very close to your vehicle so you don't get run over by the guy on the dirt bike that's ripped and driving 50mph through the camping area because he thinks it's cool to make noise and dust people out.

It is kind of sad the direction this event has taken on. In the beginnings it was a group of hard core wheelers that went down into the Anza Borrego/Ocotillo Wells area and really pushed the limits of their vehicles. Afterwards they would gather up at night and eat and drink a bit until the next day. It's changed a lot since then, not saying you can't go down there and still enjoy it just be very mindful of where you put your camp and who is around you. My .02
« Last Edit: March 04, 2015, 03:15:12 PM by Celt »
Isaiah 6:8

Mastagrog

• 4wd Pts: 4
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2015, 09:26:54 AM »
I understand the negativity, however I had a blast just going out for the day with the wife and kids. It is an event that includes tonnes of patience! but what do you expect with thousands of vehicles trying to all run on one trail lol. I recommend the event! If anything it is a good opportunity to open your eyes and gather ideas for what could be possible modifications! So many cool rigs! 

GreenGoon

• 4wd Pts: 38
    • SAS'd 2000 X
« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2015, 10:50:24 PM »
I'm glad you had fun. I like to test the limits of my rig and I appreciate other rigs. I'm sorry I had to miss it. My buddies have been going for years and camp a little ways away from the crowds. They've been telling me that you can see the insanity if you want or you can stay back and stay away from the crowds. They also said that the firework show was great for the kids.

I hope to go next year.
WE6DGR