Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Midweek Mod Day  (Read 9515 times)

knightrider

• Administrator
  • 4wd Pts: 227
    • 2016 Pro4x
Re: Midweek Mod Day
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2017, 09:33:31 PM »
i loved thrifty's ice cream.  My babysitter used to take us there :)
Jordan - K6XTE
2012 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X - Sold :(
2016 GunMetal Frontier Pro-4X with AT Summit

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #16 on: March 31, 2017, 11:17:29 PM »
It's actually Rite Aid that still carries it, not CVS. Thrifty Drugs was purchased by Rite Aid in the mid 90s, and they eliminated every part of the Thrifty brand EXCEPT for the Ice Cream because it was so recognized. I still pick up a half gallon of Chocolate Malted Krunch there every month or two. :)

I actually got to visit the Thrifty Ice Cream factory about 10 years ago down in El Monte. My cousin is a truck driver and I was riding along with him when he had a pickup of a load of ice cream from there. We were both super excited and when the workers saw how giddy we were, they gave us a brief little tour of the factory and warehouse. It was really cool, literally!  O0

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #17 on: April 01, 2017, 04:39:01 AM »
It's actually Rite Aid that still carries it, not CVS. Thrifty Drugs was purchased by Rite Aid in the mid 90s, and they eliminated every part of the Thrifty brand EXCEPT for the Ice Cream because it was so recognized. I still pick up a half gallon of Chocolate Malted Krunch there every month or two. :)

I actually got to visit the Thrifty Ice Cream factory about 10 years ago down in El Monte. My cousin is a truck driver and I was riding along with him when he had a pickup of a load of ice cream from there. We were both super excited and when the workers saw how giddy we were, they gave us a brief little tour of the factory and warehouse. It was really cool, literally!  O0

You don't know about the secret menu from CVS that offers Thrifty ice cream? It's kind of like getting a 6x6 at In-N-Out these days......
Isaiah 6:8

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #18 on: April 01, 2017, 07:24:02 PM »
i loved thrifty's ice cream.  My babysitter used to take us there :)

Well played Sir!

Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #19 on: April 01, 2017, 07:35:39 PM »
Well played Sir!

Don't ever tell us you aren't tech/forum/21st century savvy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.