Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Huge Thanks..  (Read 4707 times)

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
Huge Thanks..
« on: July 21, 2017, 10:58:45 PM »
  I wanted to say a huge thanks to The Duffman. Some know I'm leaving for a really big trip and have a lot on my plate to deal with. Long story short was I needed to get some frequencies loaded into a radio which was a Kenwood. I normally deal with Yaesu but Duffman said to come out to his place since he has the same radio and he would help me out. Since he knew I was short on time he said he would come out to my place and lend me a hand. Not only did the radio get programmed he took a lot of time explaining things to my son which was invaluable and really cool to watch. While all this was going on I was changing out spark plugs. Now some of you know that I may not have the most petite size hands so he jumped in to help with that without question just to help me out.

I guess my point is the people on this board are truly amazing. There are so many knowledgeable folks on it that will jump at the chance to help people out. It really makes me happy to be here and a part of this community. Each time there is a mod day guys like Knightrider are jumping in to work lots of hours to get somebody's truck fixed. Jayrat jumps in there to lend a hand everytime and let's not forget Hennie with his blue gloves. Joe is all over it lending a hand and many like Steve C. travel lots of miles  to help out. Toro is always inviting people to his place to work on their vehicles and gives great advice on the forum. Woody takes in brand new guys at his place and works very hard to modify their vehicles just because. Sometimes many just want free labor and you never hear from them again but other times you develop really close friendships. This stuff is no small deal with me. From somewhere in the background Ghost always seems to chime in with some really good been-there-done-that advice with the vehicles. Let's not forget Frank B. with his slapstick comedy that I find priceless....

After the mod-days there are the trips and adventures. We go on runs and sit around campfires with sometimes strangers to the group but always seem to make them feel welcome. Sage Bromax always has some hysterical story to tell and has some really good vehicle modification advice. I have never ever heard of someone being left out to fix their own broken vehicle by themselves. Everyone here seems to take ownership and has a true buy-in to make sure their buddy gets home ok and safe. I can tell you from experience it's a real mess when you break out there and people abandon you like rats on a sinking ship for whatever reason. That's not what happens here. It really is a great place to call home and know some folks that I'm proud to call my friends.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2017, 08:12:18 AM by Celt »
Isaiah 6:8

CAWoody

• 4wd Pts: 72
    • 2018 Toyota Tacoma (Really miss the X)
Re: Huge Thanks..
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2017, 05:24:54 PM »
Is this where we a hug?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Be careful when you follow the masses..... sometimes the "M" is silent.

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2017, 05:28:57 PM »
Is this where we a hug?

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Ummmmm, no but I'd be glad to buy you a gluten free beer at the Mountain Rendezvous.
Isaiah 6:8

occupantX

• 4wd Pts: 65535
« Reply #3 on: July 23, 2017, 11:38:00 AM »
Group hug!
No? Ok, whatever.....anyway, agreed, great group to hang out with and always learning something new at every meetup/mod day/trail run. Glad I could not afford the Rubicon when I went vehicle shopping and picked the X over the 4Runner :)
The non-club non-member formerly known as sdcaKLR, 'cause you know..bananas

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2017, 01:00:57 PM »
Thanks for the kind words Erik.  Tim, I'll give you a hug anytime lol 
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #5 on: July 24, 2017, 08:38:34 AM »
  I wanted to say a huge thanks to The Duffman. Some know I'm leaving for a really big trip and have a lot on my plate to deal with. Long story short was I needed to get some frequencies loaded into a radio which was a Kenwood. I normally deal with Yaesu but Duffman said to come out to his place since he has the same radio and he would help me out. Since he knew I was short on time he said he would come out to my place and lend me a hand. Not only did the radio get programmed he took a lot of time explaining things to my son which was invaluable and really cool to watch. While all this was going on I was changing out spark plugs. Now some of you know that I may not have the most petite size hands so he jumped in to help with that without question just to help me out.

I guess my point is the people on this board are truly amazing. There are so many knowledgeable folks on it that will jump at the chance to help people out. It really makes me happy to be here and a part of this community. Each time there is a mod day guys like Knightrider are jumping in to work lots of hours to get somebody's truck fixed. Jayrat jumps in there to lend a hand everytime and let's not forget Hennie with his blue gloves. Joe is all over it lending a hand and many like Steve C. travel lots of miles  to help out. Toro is always inviting people to his place to work on their vehicles and gives great advice on the forum. Woody takes in brand new guys at his place and works very hard to modify their vehicles just because. Sometimes many just want free labor and you never hear from them again but other times you develop really close friendships. This stuff is no small deal with me. From somewhere in the background Ghost always seems to chime in with some really good been-there-done-that advice with the vehicles. Let's not forget Frank B. with his slapstick comedy that I find priceless....

After the mod-days there are the trips and adventures. We go on runs and sit around campfires with sometimes strangers to the group but always seem to make them feel welcome. Sage Bromax always has some hysterical story to tell and has some really good vehicle modification advice. I have never ever heard of someone being left out to fix their own broken vehicle by themselves. Everyone here seems to take ownership and has a true buy-in to make sure their buddy gets home ok and safe. I can tell you from experience it's a real mess when you break out there and people abandon you like rats on a sinking ship for whatever reason. That's not what happens here. It really is a great place to call home and know some folks that I'm proud to call my friends.

Sincerely great post Erik.  :)

I came to SCCX in late 2009, in the midst of a messy personal drama. 

The people I have met through this site, who supported my healing through wheeling, and laughed at my foolish forum fodder...well you put together a pretty comprehensive list...are what makes this group special. 

And not in a short yellow bus kind of special, but in a "lend a hand" at "the drop of a hat" kind of way.

You are correct Celt...you just don't find that selflessness everyday in this crazy world we all live in.
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2017, 11:10:01 AM »
Great post Celt. My wife and I were talking about this the other day - some of the closest friends I have in life today, I met through this forum. All of the amazing adventures that we've experienced together as a family, came as a result of this group. If we hadn't bought an Xterra, we would have never met you all, and things would be very different in our lives. We had never even camped before joining this group! I can honestly say this group has changed our lives for the better. You guys are alright in my book!  8)

xxSVxx

• 4wd Pts: 10093
  • Something inspiring, witty and funny goes here
    • 2010 BAMF version
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2017, 11:15:12 AM »
Yeah, to piggyback on what has already been said...

Great post by Celt...and I couldn't agree more.

I have never met a more self-less, altruistic group than SCCX

The thing that speaks to the quality of this group is how hard it has been to replicate; I have friends that own many other make/model of off road trucks, and they cannot find anyone willing to help them mod their rigs, answer questions, etc.  Let alone go camping with them in the middle of nowhere for multiple days, etc.

I'm very lucky to have been introduced to this group, and I, too, wanna be a part of the group e-hug.

:)

steve c

• 4wd Pts: -1577
    • 2012 Pro4Steve
« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2017, 11:31:25 AM »
*Right in the feels. 
Steve - KK6OFL

ERMAHGERD CLICK ME  <--- (Build Thread Linky)

Jayrat

• 4wd Pts: -666
  • FLBLFY
    • 2013 X
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2017, 02:26:23 PM »
 >:D AMEN O0
You can pick your nose & you can pick your friends,   But you can't wipe your friends under the couch

SCUBA_Dale

• 4wd Pts: 39
    • 2015 Xterra Pro-4x
« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2017, 07:30:56 PM »
I concur, and 2nd the motion on a group hug.  I have really grown fond of this group, and Katie and I are very glad to have met a lot of you and create a very special bond.  Every time we meet up with folks here, we both agree that this is a really great group of people.  Can't wait to MRV!

EJsarus

• 4wd Pts: 52
    • 5th gen T4R
« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2017, 09:09:03 PM »
#in4thehug