Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Something we already knew; but now the world does  (Read 10312 times)

Oz

• 4wd Pts: 14
  • Cybernetic organism; living tissue over metal
Something we already knew; but now the world does
« on: November 08, 2008, 06:10:41 PM »

Paul

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 30
  • Summer, Paul, and Noon
    • 2006 Xterra Off Road
Re: Something we already knew; but now the world does
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2008, 11:21:41 AM »
Looks like the Hungry Valley ORV playground in a couple of those clips - the sort little rock practice trail.
Sept 24, 2006 ... Off Work = Off Road
2005 350Z 35th Anniversary
2006 Xterra Off Road
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

boomer818

• 4wd Pts: 2
  • Dirty White Knight
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 07:16:42 PM »
Showed this video to my friend who has a jeep he said it was fake nissan produced I laughed. And sAid don't hate just recognize and deal with it
If you dont have mud you have nothing.

Brian (#2)

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2010, 10:16:41 AM »
I drove my X across the country and can attest to it being very capable on road.  It is a comfortable ride, not a lot of road noise, plenty of space for hauling my stuff, and has a great sounds system with the iPod connection.  

I was in the car about 12-13 hours a day and was only mentally tired, not physically tired from driving.  I can't say that for the Jeep I used to own back in college where it felt like I was in a fight after 3-4 hours on the road.  Not really a surprise, but the only drawback I had was encountering high winds which tend to blow the truck around.  As long as you expect to have that it is no big deal.

FrankB

« Reply #4 on: November 14, 2010, 10:47:07 AM »
I drove my X across the country and can attest to it being very capable on road.  It is a comfortable ride, not a lot of road noise, plenty of space for hauling my stuff, and has a great sounds system with the iPod connection.  

I was in the car about 12-13 hours a day and was only mentally tired, not physically tired from driving.  I can't say that for the Jeep I used to own back in college where it felt like I was in a fight after 3-4 hours on the road.  Not really a surprise, but the only drawback I had was encountering high winds which tend to blow the truck around.  As long as you expect to have that it is no big deal.

Xterras really are great road trip vehicles.  Just the right size for 2 people and lots of stuff.

GUANO

• 4wd Pts: 4
« Reply #5 on: November 14, 2010, 11:42:47 AM »
I had a friend trade in his Rubicon Jeep for an OR X and he says it's way better...   He lives in Laredo and has to drive 100 miles on dirt roads to go back and fourth to the US...

boomer818

• Dirty White Knight
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 09:34:32 AM »
Well ther you go, so we made the right dision on the xterra. Hell im on my third one and thats after a toyota SR5, 1995 suberban LT 4x4, a 1979 jeep CJ, and a honda civic. I love my Xterra...
If you dont have mud you have nothing.

Ghost65

• Old-Schooler
  • 4wd Pts: -476
    • 2019 Ready Mix Taco
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2010, 08:47:18 PM »
"Anybody serious about off roading should take a look at..."

I rest my/our case.  ;D
KD6DCI

Once again, I must state for the record: We are not a club, we are enablers for your addiction.