Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Spotted  (Read 5154 times)

Celt

• 4wd Pts: -20000
  • What this World Needs Is A Few More Rednecks.
Spotted
« on: August 11, 2017, 02:40:18 PM »
 I heard through the grapevine that one of the SCCX member's spouse was driving like some kinda Racer-X in Temecula today. Just second hand information you see as Duffman and I were both way up on Palomar Mtn. Hhhhhhhmmmmmmmm, I wonder who it may have been?
Isaiah 6:8

FrankB

Re: Spotted
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2017, 02:44:15 PM »
What the heck were you doing on Palomar Mountain?

I would have thought you would already be heading north to stage for a rescue if needed.

Celt

« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2017, 02:51:00 PM »
What the heck were you doing on Palomar Mountain?

I would have thought you would already be heading north to stage for a rescue if needed.

I was doing a rescue drill to make sure my rescue vehicle was up to task in case the Bat Phone rang!

Actually, I needed to put miles on the CJ because I replaced the rear axles and seals. Duffman and I went up and had a great breakfast at Lake Henshaw and drove up to Palomar just because well it's 'MERICA and we can!

I digress, back to the matter at hand with the shenanigan creative driving techniques I was privy to from a little birdie in a land far, far away!

>:D  8)
« Last Edit: August 11, 2017, 02:53:15 PM by Celt »

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2017, 02:55:49 PM »
I heard through the grapevine that one of the SCCX member's spouse was driving like some kinda Racer-X in Temecula today. Just second hand information you see as Duffman and I were both way up on Palomar Mtn. Hhhhhhhmmmmmmmm, I wonder who it may have been?

As rumors go... I heard a slightly different story.  The alleged racer spouse was spotted on the 91/15 interchange heading 'toward Murrieta  or 'Temecula".  She was wearing big sunglasses 8) and chewing gum/tobacco/whatever.  The SUV crossover got close enough that our witness could see the chewing but, not quite smell it :P 

Could this be your wife? 

Celt and I checked with our wives, and their alibis are solid.
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

Celt

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2017, 04:00:49 PM »
As rumors go... I heard a slightly different story.  The alleged racer spouse was spotted on the 91/15 interchange heading 'toward Murrieta  or 'Temecula".  She was wearing big sunglasses 8) and chewing gum/tobacco/whatever.  The SUV crossover got close enough that our witness could see the chewing but, not quite smell it :P 

Could this be your wife? 

Celt and I checked with our wives, and their alibis are solid.

Well now we have some clues, 91/15 Interchange, big sunglasses, chewing gum/tobacco etc while driving some form of crossover. Who could it be?

JFanaselle

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 12000
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2017, 10:00:31 PM »
Sorry guys, I'm a bit lost with this thread. Most of this description could be my wife (sans the chewing tobacco part), but per "PP" license plates like mine on her Rogue are pretty recognizable. Plus, she was in Arizona with me since Thursday evening (and she was supposedly spotted on Friday), and we just got home this evening. And we were in her vehicle, so it's not even like someone else was driving it. And she wouldn't have been anywhere near the 15/91 interchange, as we almost never go toward Corona or the OC. ??? What the heck are you guys talking about?
« Last Edit: August 13, 2017, 10:08:43 PM by JFanaselle »

RBduffer

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 135
    • '07 OR Xterra
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2017, 01:40:39 PM »
OK, that's one more solid alibi lol

That clears Mrs. Duff, Mrs. Celt and Mrs. Joe. 

The mystery remains ???
Of all the things I've lost...
I miss my mind the most

KJ6YPO

Celt

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2017, 04:48:32 PM »
OK, that's one more solid alibi lol

That clears Mrs. Duff, Mrs. Celt and Mrs. Joe. 

The mystery remains ???

Inquiring minds wish to know the identity of the party in question.....

JFanaselle

• BOD
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2017, 05:03:41 PM »
If you don't know who it was (and obviously mistook it for my wife), I'm curious how you're so confident it was an SCCX member's spouse? Was there an SCCX sticker on the vehicle or something? You haven't even given the color of the "crossover style SUV," but it seems that your "witness" even saw that they were chewing gum, so there are some important details missing here if you're truly attempting to find out who it was. Like I said, I'm very lost in this thread.  ???

FrankB

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2017, 09:57:08 PM »
I was about to post that I too was quite lost with what is supposed to be going on here - then I remembered that another SCCX member has a wife with a Nissan Rouge. 

By the way, my wife is thinking of a new car, and one of the ones she is looking at is the Rouge.  How do those of you who have one like it?

Sage Bromax

• 4wd Pts: 15302
    • 2015 Pro-4XM6 Silver
« Reply #10 on: August 15, 2017, 05:47:12 AM »
I was about to post that I too was quite lost with what is supposed to be going on here - then I remembered that another SCCX member has a wife with a Nissan Rouge. 

By the way, my wife is thinking of a new car, and one of the ones she is looking at is the Rouge.  How do those of you who have one like it?
A) It wasn't my wife either.
B) She loves her Rogue and always gives me crap if I jump in it (rather than my X) to go to the store.
“I am free, no matter what rules surround me. If I find them tolerable, I tolerate them; if I find them too obnoxious, I break them. I am free because I know that I alone am morally responsible for everything I do.” ― Robert A. Heinlein

JFanaselle

• BOD
    • 2010 Xterra S 4x4
« Reply #11 on: August 15, 2017, 09:11:24 AM »
My wife also loves her Rogue. She had one before and traded it in for a Pathfinder. She missed the Rogue so much that we traded the Pathfinder in after only 2 years for a new Rogue. I'm pretty sure it's now the #1 selling SUV in America.

FrankB

« Reply #12 on: August 15, 2017, 11:18:36 AM »
A) It wasn't my wife either.
B) She loves her Rogue and always gives me crap if I jump in it (rather than my X) to go to the store.

Tony, I see that you did not fall for my trick question.

Thanks for the feedback (and thanks as well to Joe).