Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Saturday 20 Nov 2010 - 5th Annual Fish Creek & (What's Left Of) Sandstone Canyon  (Read 58398 times)

FrankB

I'll be there at 8:00, leaving at 8:15: that should give us ample time to head down there.
Aside, there's a Mobil right off of the I15 on Temecula Parkway if anyone needs to top off.
Haha! :D

You guys should hit the left turn (coming from your direction) from Hwy 79 on to S-2 at about the same time I roll past there. I'll turn on my FRS when I get close to that intersection.  Don't forget to turn left on Montezuma Road (S-22) 5 miles later, as that is the most direct route to the Visitor Center.

XterraDude

• 4wd Pts: 1
Hey Frank, What time are you planning on getting to the trailhead?

FrankB

Hey Frank, What time are you planning on getting to the trailhead?

Jake, I would like to say that we will be there by 11:00AM, but if the group is as big as it's starting to look, it may well be a bit later. It's easily a half-hour drive from the Visitor Center, and herding everyone out of there by 10:30AM could be tough. Realistically, we'll get there probably be closer to 11:30AM or so.  I would make the Visitor Center meet time earlier, but it is a long drive for many.

Send me your cell number, there is usually reception at the trail head and most of the roadways out there, we can talk in case we'll be late or there is a change of plans. My number is in the first post.

Where are you planning to camp on Friday?

XterraDude

I will most likely be camping near the slot Friday night depending on what the weather looks like. My number is 9 four 9 3  7 zero 1 three zero 2. Ill most likely just be playing in Ocotillo Wells waiting for you guys.

hardrock

• 4wd Pts: 4
I'm in!!  I'll be bringing the wife and my son. 

NUBEX

Frank, do you have an approximate estimate of how many trucks plan to go?  If you don't, I could spend my next sleepless night counting trucks ;D 20?
the name is classified

Kyle J. Thompson

• 4wd Pts: 5
Looks like i am going, Alex gunna Caravan with you if you dont mind.

I may have company possibly 2-3plus me....i will chip in on pies :) and plan on camping afterwards.

Thanks so much frank for setting this up

FrankB

Frank, do you have an approximate estimate of how many trucks plan to go?  If you don't, I could spend my next sleepless night counting trucks ;D 20?

If everyone who has said yes so far shows up, it looks to be about 20 trucks / 40 people.   It should make for quite a long lineup for a group picture.  I think the last time we this big of a group was Bradshaw Trail a couple of years ago, when I counted 21.  I think we had 14 Xterras and 2 Frontiers on this run 2 years ago.  Last year was about 12 or so.

Alex

• 4wd Pts: 25
Sure thing Kyle!

Frank, I'll monitor the FRS channel as well as we get closer.

Kyle J. Thompson

• 4wd Pts: 5
Alex, you made mention of the chase bank did it switch?

My number is 951 70457 eleven

NUBEX

Frank, in case of rains, is there any chance of the water in the Fish Creek Wash? just wandering...
the name is classified

NateDawgG

• 4wd Pts: 0
This sounds like a good time. I'm trying to get my wife interested, so hopefully you'll have a couple noob (to this forum) folks down from Reseda.

FrankB

Frank, in case of rains, is there any chance of the water in the Fish Creek Wash? just wandering...

Yes, there is always a chance of water. 

guywithpups

Sounds like a good group and a good time.  Unfortunately I won't be able to make it this year (I'm on call this weekend for work), but I'll definitely keep this in mind for next year. 

NateDawgG

• 4wd Pts: 0
So this is a yearly run? Does this club do monthly runs as well?