Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Saturday 20 Nov 2010 - 5th Annual Fish Creek & (What's Left Of) Sandstone Canyon  (Read 58390 times)

FrankB

Well im not sure if I am going to be able to make this run...unless I come late. I have a manditory IST in the morning that I can't miss. I might be able to meet you out in the desert but I know I most likely can't get out to the desert before 2.
I am pretty bumbed but it happens. I will let you know more details as time gets closer.
Bruce

Bruce - hope you can figure out a way to be there.

andyman

I like the good news.

FrankB

I like the good news.

Hey Andy, what's it been, about a year or so?  Last time we did this trip I think.  Will you be bringing Kat, and your other friend and the cool dog whose names I can't remember?

FrankB

I've added an edit to the first post, but I'll repeat it here in case someone is only looking at the end:

If anyone with 2WD is planning to attend, please call me beforehand so that we can talk about both what you can expect and what we would expect from you.

My phone number is in the first post.

Thanks.

Xslut01

Hey everyone i have a fairly stock xterra xcept chopped back wondering if i could come along, i am a marine down at CP and originally from Arkansas

FrankB

Hey everyone i have a fairly stock xterra xcept chopped back wondering if i could come along, i am a marine down at CP and originally from Arkansas

Not sure what you mean by "chopped back" but this run is fine for a stock Xterra. There is nothing on this route that would require lift, armor, or even non-stock tires. There are a couple of rocky spots in Loop Wash, but just take them slow and you'll be fine.

Welcome to the club.

rragpaoa

• 4wd Pts: 0
I would like to go on my first run with you guys, but I have an 08 Pathfinder 4x4. It's a lot harder to finder off-road enthusiast with the newer gen Pathfinders. Is this limited to only X's?

Thanks
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 11:23:17 AM by rragpaoa »
08 Pathfinder 4x4, ARB Bumper with Warn winch, Fully Shrocked skids and sliders, Radflo Extended Shocks with 2" Lift, 275/70 18 Duratracs, ARB Rear Locked, IPF Lighting, Baja Rack

FrankB

I would like to go on my first run with you guys, but I have an 08 Pathfinder 4x4. It's a lot harder to finder off-road enthusiast with the newer gen Pathfinders. Is this limited to only X's?

Thanks

Welcome to the group.  You are certainly welcome to show up in your Pathfinder.

rragpaoa

• 4wd Pts: 0
Welcome to the group.  You are certainly welcome to show up in your Pathfinder.

Great! Count me in. 3 of us. Wife, Buddy, and myself.

Thanks.
08 Pathfinder 4x4, ARB Bumper with Warn winch, Fully Shrocked skids and sliders, Radflo Extended Shocks with 2" Lift, 275/70 18 Duratracs, ARB Rear Locked, IPF Lighting, Baja Rack

andyman

Hey Andy, what's it been, about a year or so?  Last time we did this trip I think.  Will you be bringing Kat, and your other friend and the cool dog whose names I can't remember?

Frank...

Ya it's been a year now. Been doing a lot of camping/offroading trips but mostly just w/ my X filled w/ friends. Every time the Club had something I have been busy or didn't know about it.
Kate might come. And Dale IS coming. Maybe a few more too.

Oh and campers,

I will have firewood and a large 3x4 metal pan to make a fire on. Same one from last time if you were there.

If someone can bring a small iHome that is battery powered for some quiet tunes that'd be great!!!  (Stan are you coming?!!?!? I hope!!)

Anyone else bringing stuff that can be used as group camp gear so we don't have excess??

FrankB

. . . . Anyone else bringing stuff that can be used as group camp gear so we don't have excess??

Given the fairly regular seismic activity out there (another 5 pt or so quake a few days ago) and the potential for more rockfalls and trail blockage at any time, I would think you would want some extra supplies.

This may be a really easy trail, but if you had been on the other side of the rockfall in the back of Sandstone Canyon on Easter Sunday it would have just gotten a whole lot more difficult. I could be overstating it, but think heavy-lift helicopter to retreive your truck. Or a few days of stacking rocks maybe. I went back and looked at the pictures on that Ford forum that were taken the same day - it looks a bit cleaner now but still pretty nasty.

Maybe I think about this stuff too much since I was out there twice in the few days leading up the rockfall, once by myself and once with a small group. It was only at the last minute that Heather and I decided not to go there on Easter.

4x4forfun

• 4wd Pts: 6
Frank, I might be in for a day on this run and quite possibly for a 2 day. I also have a 20lb keg of gunpowder (Shotgun reloading powder) and some 20' wicks so we might be able to blast our way out  ;) . It has been a couple years since I have been able to join you all and would like to try and make at least one of these trips again.
But he said it was stock friendly!!

sturndog

• 4wd Pts: 9
I am a go depending upon my ever changing work schedule. Doing security at LAX - would love to go.

mark1107

• 4wd Pts: -6
Nia and Mark are go for this trip. Frank could you get Nia a Bananna Cream Pie and I will take an apple pie and a blue berry pie. What ever the cost we will pay it plus, what ever flavor pie you want is on us too for leading this trip. Also Paul and Noon since you so graciously lead us on excursions, a pie of your selection will be my treat too. Frank I will bring over 100 dollars cash to cover all of these pies, costs but I dont know if we ill make it to Julian Pie company but we will be at the trail center at 10 AM. Do you do Ebay/Paypal? If so give me your paypal email address and I will paypal you $100.00 this week and you can give me the change if there is any and if there isnt any I will pay the difference when we show up.

Is that cool with you?

Paul what would you like?

Mark

FrankB

Nia and Mark are go for this trip. Frank could you get Nia a Bananna Cream Pie and I will take an apple pie and a blue berry pie. What ever the cost we will pay it plus, what ever flavor pie you want is on us too for leading this trip. Also Paul and Noon since you so graciously lead us on excursions, a pie of your selection will be my treat too. Frank I will bring over 100 dollars cash to cover all of these pies, costs but I dont know if we ill make it to Julian Pie company but we will be at the trail center at 10 AM. Do you do Ebay/Paypal? If so give me your paypal email address and I will paypal you $100.00 this week and you can give me the change if there is any and if there isnt any I will pay the difference when we show up.

Is that cool with you?

Paul what would you like?

Mark

Mark,

These pies actually go a long way. Last year we had I think 12 trucks full of people, and maybe 3-4 pies, and a lot left over. Same thing the year before, but with 14-16 trucks.  Are you saying you want a couple of whole pies?

I'm pretty sure they don't have banana cream, and I don't have any way to keep one cold even if they did. I also have never seen blueberry, but they might have some with the larger blackberry type varieties I think.  The crumb crusts seem to hold up to the bouncing around the best, I generally get a mix of dutch apple, and some of the apple-berry or apple-peach combos, depending on what they have fresh. That weekend right before Thanksgiving is one of their busiest, so it gets really interesting in there on Saturday morning.

I don't have a clue as to how Paypal works, don't have it, never used it. Same for ebay.  My phone number is in the first post, call me if you want and we can figure out what it is that you are trying to say.