Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Saturday 20 Nov 2010 - 5th Annual Fish Creek & (What's Left Of) Sandstone Canyon  (Read 58424 times)

mark1107

• 4wd Pts: -6
Paypal is just a way to xfer money between people. You can see how it works at Paypal.com.

I'll call you. An Apple/berry combo would be good then. Also one for you and Paul would be awesome too, my treat. I'll just bring the money on Sat. Morning to reimburse you.

Thanks for your help.

Mark

FrankB

Paypal is just a way to xfer money between people. You can see how it works at Paypal.com.

I'll call you. An Apple/berry combo would be good then. Also one for you and Paul would be awesome too, my treat. I'll just bring the money on Sat. Morning to reimburse you.

Thanks for your help.

Mark

Mark, while I do appreciate the offer, to be honest I really don't want to try to get 7 or 8 pies and keep them intact. They are generally still warm when I get them, and you have to keep the lids open on the boxes. That makes them hard to pack. Also, and thanks again for the offer, but I don't need a whole pie to take home, and we don't even know if Paul is going to be there.

I really think that the best thing to do is that I will pick up the usual 3 or so pies (depending on what the count looks like towards the end of the week), and anyone who wants to contribute to the cost is welcome to help out. There is no need for you to pay for the whole thing.  As usual, I'll bring the paper plates and plastic forks.

NUBEX

• 4wd Pts: 1
We are a go: 1 truck, 1 driver and 1 passenger.  See you all there on saturday morning.
Frank,
just to make sure (i read all the instructions, but i want to be sure): this is a day trip? right? any camping b4 or after is on our own? the group is scheduled to split up sometime at the end of Saturday?
thanks
Z
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 06:34:41 AM by NUBEX »
the name is classified

FrankB

We are a go: 1 truck, 1 driver and 1 passenger.  See you all there on saturday morning.
Frank,
just to make sure (i read all the instructions, but i want to be sure): this is a day trip? right? any camping b4 or after is on our own? the group is scheduled to split up sometime at the end of Saturday?
thanks
Z

I won't be camping, as I have things to do on Sunday.  It should be really nice out there if anyone does camp, and I think a few people talked about it.  You can ask here, or just bring your stuff work something out when you get there.

The only thing - if you plan to camp on Friday night, depending on where, you may find it easier to meet at the end of Split Mountain Road at the start of the Fish Creek trail.  If all goes even remotely according to plan we should hit there a bit after 11:00AM. The Visitor Center is 28 miles away, no sense in driving an extra 50-60 miles first thing in the morning.

strikedistance

• 4wd Pts: 1
    • 2016 Chevy Colorado Z71 Diesel 4x4
Well now i have another problem...My 5150 shock ripped apart near the rear mount and is just hanging from the top mount...Have to order new shocks for the rear. Have fun guys. Have fun in the desert while im getting my butt kicked by the Marines.

scottmen

• 4wd Pts: 12
I am going to come out on this trip. Any idea what time we will end on Saturday?

Frank here is my cell. Please let me know if anything changes and I don't get a chance to read the site

thanks,
Scott (56two) 55one  - 821one

FrankB

I am going to come out on this trip. Any idea what time we will end on Saturday?

Frank here is my cell. Please let me know if anything changes and I don't get a chance to read the site

thanks,
Scott (56two) 55one  - 821one

Based on prior years my plan would be to get back to pavement at just about dusk.  That's the way it has worked out in the past. Days are short right now. The drive would not be all that difficult in the dark if you were alone, but that we might have a lot of trucks and it's pretty dusty out there. Those two things combined could make it a pain to drive out in the dark as visibility in the dust would suck.

scottmen

No problem. I am just thinking about when I will be hitting the highway home.

XterracerX

• 4wd Pts: 17
Also consider the time it takes to air up 4 tires before heading out.
Hope for the best. Prepare for the worst!

FrankB

Fred, are you going to be there?  It's been a long time.

Kyle J. Thompson

• 4wd Pts: 5
I have had a change of plans...I may be able to join! I would be bringing a passnger maybe two ( i got their costs if any). and will let you know of any changes!

Scott are you afraid the run will get cancled and you wont have service and wont be able to check the site? lol, I will let you know.

scottmen

A litte Kyle.

Kyle J. Thompson

• 4wd Pts: 5
I got you man, no worries

boomer818

• 4wd Pts: 2
  • Dirty White Knight
Call me slow but do we bring the pies with us or order it from you frank? Please let me know. Well it looks like i most likely fly solo  :-\
If you dont have mud you have nothing.

FrankB

Call me slow but do we bring the pies with us or order it from you frank? Please let me know. Well it looks like i most likely fly solo  :-\

The way it has worked for the last 4 years (plus a few other runs along the way) is that I stop at the Julian Pie Company main bakery in Santa Ysabel and pick up a few fresh apple (or similar, depending on what is available and looks good when I get there) pies, and we all share them.  If you want to contribute to the cost that is appreciated, but not required.  I am not taking orders for whole pies, that is way too much work for me to deal with.  These pies are pretty heavy, each one makes close to 8-10 slices.  We generally have some left over, and people can fight over who gets to take the leftovers.  I'll bring a stack of paper plates and plastic forks too.  

Bring whatever else you want for lunch.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 11:59:05 PM by FrankB »