Welcome Guest!!

Welcome to SCCX, for full access to the forums, please register and join our community, it's free.

Author Topic: Saturday 20 Nov 2010 - 5th Annual Fish Creek & (What's Left Of) Sandstone Canyon  (Read 58412 times)

FrankB

Anybody want to caravan out from San Diego?  I generally leave from the area of Scripps Poway Parkway near Pomerado Road around 0800.

Let me know if you want to meet up, and we can set a specific time and spot.

Alternate caravan meet spot would be the Julian Pie Company main bakery in Santa Ysabel (not in the town of Julian) at 0900.

scottmen

• 4wd Pts: 12
Any day use passes needed? Or any other type of permits?

NUBEX

• 4wd Pts: 1
... and people can fight over who gets to take the leftovers...

Wooohooo! I love to watch fights! Now I see why there should't be too many pies: too much leftovers, not enough fighting :-[ (lol)

To those riding alone on Saturday: don't be sad, maybe it could get arranged to carpool with other lonely drivers.  Then, there could be fights over who is driving! hee hee
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 05:39:06 AM by NUBEX »
the name is classified

Soylent Yellow

• BOD
  • 4wd Pts: 5254
I'll be there with stickers.
I'd rather be happy than right any day.

boomer818

• 4wd Pts: 2
  • Dirty White Knight
please reserve 2 stickers for me... ;D
If you dont have mud you have nothing.

FrankB

Any day use passes needed? Or any other type of permits?

No permits or day use passes needed for Anza Borrego Desert State Park.  There are, I believe, a couple of fee spots, but those are the improved campgrounds.

FrankB

. . . .  maybe it could get arranged to carpool . . . .

If everyone who said they are going shows up this will be a pretty big group.  We may wind up having to find a larger lunch spot in Fish Creek and then go up Sandstone Canyon in smaller groups.  That turn-around spot at the rock fall is not all that big, and significantly smaller than the spot we used to end and turn at.  If prior years are any indication, we won't be the only ones out there either. This is generally a busy weekend in Anza Borrego. 

Should be fun.  Weather is looking to be really mild.  For the campers, I think there is going to be lot of moonlight.

scottmen

• 4wd Pts: 12
Hopefully the rain will keep other people away  :D

Alex

• 4wd Pts: 25
Mitch, if you could save a sticker for me, that would be great. Thanks.

Soylent Yellow

• BOD
I have 5 or 6 left and I will bring then.   I am working on getting more made.

Alex

• 4wd Pts: 25
For anyone coming from the Riverside, Los Angeles or Orange County areas, I can lead a caravan from the In-n-Out in Temecula to the Visitor Center, east of the Interstate 15/Temecula Parkway intersection:

In-n-Out
30697 Temecula Parkway
Temecula, CA 92592

Meet at 8:00 AM; leave at 8:15 AM
Feel free to call if you need directions: 951-522-5366
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 10:58:39 PM by Alex »

XterraDude

• 4wd Pts: 1
I'm COMING! :) Who's all going out Friday Night?

FrankB

For anyone coming from the Riverside, Los Angeles or Orange County areas, I can lead a caravan from Temecula to Visitor Center via the 79. Meet in front of the Chase Bank in the Temecula Town Center, west of the Interstate 15/Rancho California intersection:

29640 Rancho California Road
Temecula, CA 92591
Meet at 8:00 AM; leave at 8:15 AM

Feel free to call if you need directions: 951-522-5366

Alex, isn't that on the east side of I-15?  Also, just a suggestion, you might want to meet on Hwy 79 so that people don't have to get off and back on the freeway. There are lots of places on the righthand side of Hwy 79 once you get off I-15.  Just a thought - Might be a lot easier. 

zachbiz

I'm in too. hmm did someone say stickers?

Soylent Yellow

• BOD
Frank, I might be in for a day on this run and quite possibly for a 2 day. I also have a 20lb keg of gunpowder (Shotgun reloading powder) and some 20' wicks so we might be able to blast our way out  ;) . It has been a couple years since I have been able to join you all and would like to try and make at least one of these trips again.

David, if you make it, can you bring the cross bars?  If you still have them.